Customer Specific Images
We consume open data from a variety of sources, from big leisure operators to small, local instructors and everything in between. Open data from some sources is higher quality than others, but at imin, we do our best to ensure that you are getting the highest quality data across the board.
The Customer Specific Images service allows us to improve the quality of data we provide to you across all providers by adding images of your choosing. This service means that you can choose bespoke images that are suited to your demographic, therefore, ensuring you are providing a high quality UX for your end users.
The CSI service works by returning a bespoke image based on an activity type.
Please ensure that the following provisions are complied with:
- Images must not exceed 1,200px x 800px (via our Search API, we provide the original image, as well as two thumbnail images).
- Images must be saved within one large folder (rather than in sub-folders), which must be emailed to us as a zip file.
- The image file names must correspond with the
notations in the Activity List (please refer to the jsonld List for this), i.e. file names must:
- Be lowercase (e.g.
- Have an underscore where an activity type includes a space(s) (e.g.
- Images must be provided in JPEG format and saved with "
.jpg" at the end (e.g.
The CSI service can do one of two things:
- 1.Supplement existing images for all items in the data that do not already have an image (images already present in the data will be provided by the open data provider at source); or
- 2.Override all existing images already included in the data.
Given the large number of activities in the OpenActive Activity List, it is likely that you will not want to provide an image for each activity type. If this is the case, you can provide us with a default image that will appear for activities for which you have not provided us an image. If you opt for this feature, we recommend that the default image is as generic as possible.